Neuro-Linguistic Programming, abbreviated (NLP), which is a structured method that helps to identify the structure of the human psyche, and the use of many useful means and methods to deal with it; Which contributes to achieving an appropriate effect on feeling, perception, ideas, and perception, and this is reflected in a person’s mental, psychological and physical performance, and NLP is one of the applied materials that appear within several techniques and mechanisms that help a person achieve his ambition based on his abilities.
NLP is not a branch of science. It is not based on scientific findings related to neuroscience or psychology but rather was developed as a system in 1970 by two specialists in what has known the opinion of Doctor Stephen Novella, who says that the hypotheses of NLP about the possibility of programming emotions and behavior by simulating several superficial aspects are incorrect and false hypotheses. As for the Bandler Institute, which specializes in this programming, it is considered a study of individual experience. Whereas, human behaviors that depend on language programming will contribute to the emergence of works closer to magic by relying on building a new method of understanding the effects of communication on the human brain.
History of NLP
The history of NLP goes back to Roberto Assagioli’s 1965 book on the psychological structure. His book contained the first foundations of NLP, and Assagioli’s work was discovered through the American therapist and trainer in the field of NLP Michael Hall (English: Michael Hall), and he was interested in identifying a set of exercises and ideas for Agagioli. To clarify that his books contributed to the history of NLP ten years before it became popular.
Fritz Perls contributed to the development of NLP. He is credited with the emergence of the concept of Gestalt therapy, and a group of people shared with him, and his wife was one of them in the publication of the first book about Gestalt therapy, and Perls was able to transform it into a therapeutic tool that can be used and utilized. The model of the parts in a single form is not sufficient to fully understand the topic. Rather, the whole should be taken into account.
A group of thinkers was interested in preparing applications and studies on NLP, and what follows is some information about a group of these thinkers:
- Judith Delozier is a researcher interested in humanities and religious studies. The beginning of her study of NLP was due to her husband’s request that she read the draft of his book and give her opinion on it, and since that time Judith became interested in NLP, and she cooperated with her husband in preparing new principles for this programming, and later She became an epistemologist a way to study epistemology.
- Leslie Cameron-Bandler: She is a researcher who studied psychology and sociology, and then became a member of the NLP group at her university, and later became the first research director of the association for this programming, and she stopped studying NLP at the end of the eighties.
- David Gordon: He is a researcher interested in studying psychology, and later on he became among the most important pioneers and thinkers who contributed to the development of NLP. His method of the application relied on training specialized in stories and stories, and he published about this field in a book known as metaphor and psychotherapy. Gordon participated with Michael Lee Bo and Leslie Cameron in reaching the discovery of the structure of personal experience, and the development of the model for simulating mental readiness, and this led to the emergence of the idea of the self. The certainty that represents the model that speaks of the individual committed to fixed times and contexts from his birth to his death. Gordon, with the participation of Graham Dawes, contributed to the development of a model known as the nervous system, and he also contributed to the design of the purposeful existence model based on discussion and observation of people who achieve success In their lifetime, Gordon’s efforts led to a major development in NLP.
- Robert Dilts is a researcher who created a model in NLP known as the Neural Levels, and he published many books and books, including a volume on NLP, and he was interested in studying the relationships between the health and spiritual aspects and NLP. Dilts helped found human engineering, which was the first NLP training course.
NLP Topics :
NLP studies several areas and topics, the most important of which are:
- Realizing the special meaning of time, promoting effective communication between the individual and other individuals, and encouraging him to get along with them.
- Identify the various human patterns, such as the digital pattern, the auditory pattern, the sensory pattern, the visual pattern, the appropriate method of interaction with these patterns, and the nature of the thinking of other individuals.
- Contribute to treating personal conditions, such as controlling individual habits, delusion, fear, and phobia, and striving to improve them for the better.
- Developing, developing, and improving group and individual skills, and ensuring support for the individual performance level.
- Helping individuals to learn skills that raise their standards and make them unique, such as the skill of graphic reading and the skill of speed reading.
- Understand the foundations of hypnosis and the means to use them in treating a range of individual cases.
Benefits of NLP
NLP offers several benefits:
- Control negative feelings and contribute to changing them into positive feelings.
- Individual control over the way and style of his thinking and use as he wants.
- Get rid of all bad habits and fears, quickly.
- Promote harmony between the individual and other individuals.
- The individual’s knowledge of the method that contributes to reaching the results he seeks.
- Identify strategies and methods for the superiority and success of other individuals, and ensuring that they are applied to oneself.
- Quickly persuade and influence others.