There are many features in modern TV screens that grab the attention of the buyer, making it difficult to purchase a new TV based on its formal features alone, so it seems baffling what the best LCD or LED screens are, and here we will show the details of each.
LCD is an abbreviation of the English words “liquid crystal display”, which means liquid crystal display, but in practice LED displays are also considered liquid crystal displays, so the main technology used in both types of screens is the same, because it is based on the presence of multiple layers of polarized glass that contains liquid crystals, which allows light to pass through or block it, so we can say that LED screens are a subset of LCD screens.
Characteristics of LCD screens
- The strength of its colors, especially the white color.
- Brightness power.
- Low energy consumption.
Disadvantages of LCD screens
- Backlight Bleeding.
- The black color is not deep.
- Poor viewing angle, which means that the screen does not appear clear unless you look at it straight, and the appearance of distortions in the screen image when viewed from another angle.
- Its useful life is short compared to LED screens.
- Poor response time, which means that it will be bad in quick shots, whether in movies, games, or games.
It is not recommended to use it in places with low light due to the intensity of its lighting and lack of black color, but it is recommended to use it in very bright places, and it is also recommended to use it as a computer screen, while it is not suitable for high-speed games or for watching action movies and fast-paced games.
LED is an abbreviation of the English words “electroluminescent diodes” which means light-emitting diodes. It differs from LCD screens in that it uses light-emitting diodes while the LCD screen uses fluorescent lights and while the fluorescent lights are placed in the LCD screens behind the screen, the light-emitting diodes in the LED screens can be placed behind or around the screen. the edges of the screen, so the difference in illumination and the position of the light it emits in general means that LED screens can be thinner than LCD screens, although this has started to change, and it also means that LED screens can work in a more energy-efficient way and provide a clearer and better picture than LCD screens.
Characteristics of LED screens
- The strength of its brightness, the clarity, and depth of the black color, with the clarity and precision of the rest of the colors.
- The strength of the viewing angle, and the strength of the backlight as well.
- High energy efficiency.
- They are characterized by being very thin screens.
- Response time speed up to 1ms, and some types of LED screens may reach 5ms.
Disadvantages of LED screens
- Backlight Bleeding.
- Blur is in black color.
Despite the advantages and disadvantages of LCD and LED displays, it is ultimately up to the buyer to decide which one best meets their needs, and although LED displays have more advanced technology and display quality. The picture is a little better there, the prices are higher, and therefore LCD screens are still produced in abundance despite the widespread popularity of LED screens because they offer good value for money at a lower price.